Being a military spouse has some great perks—including heaps of personal and professional resources. For those of you looking for new support, networking, educational, or job-finding resources, check out our top list for 2015.
Whether you are looking for friends, events, support, or professional services, these online networks make it easy to connect and find what you are looking for.
• Military OneSource provides comprehensive information about every aspect of military life. They have excellent info on military spouse education, careers, relationships, and parenting.
• Army OneSource is a one-stop destination for services relating to Army life including employment, education, community support, recreation, healthcare, and more.
• Real Warriors is focused on providing services for military and military families suffering from psychological troubles. The site provides media materials, advice, support groups, success stories, and much more.
• The Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) is the largest association of military officers. This network provides benefits and a voice for those concerned about the wellbeing of military officers and their families at every stage of their careers.
• Military Spouses Meet Up is an online meet-up group where you can host or attend events and connect with fellow military spouses.
Training and funding resources
Finding and maintaining a rewarding career can be challenging as a military spouse; however, financial aid and flexible education opportunities are in place to help you succeed.
• Military OneSource also oversees the MyCAA education funding program, a program that offers up to $4,000 in educational grants to eligible military spouses seeking career-specific education. Click here to learn how you can take advantage of MyCAA funds.
• A number of online educational institutions are perfect for career training for military spouses. Career Step offers MyCAA-approved training programs that can be completed in as little as a few months and include everything you need to launch into a successful career including certification vouchers, externship opportunities, graduate resources, and employer networks. Military spouses have had great success through Career Step’s pharmacy technician, medical administrative assistant, and medical coding and billing programs.
Job finding resources
Online military spouse resources even help you prepare for and get a great job.
• Monster and Indeed are highly trafficked job search websites where you can find jobs and where recruiters can find you.
• Recruit The Military, Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), and Military Careers are military-specific career resources. These sites post job listings, offer resume writing and interview tips, and provide tons of useful information to help military spouses find work.
Make 2015 the year you take advantage of some of these great military spouse resources. Have a favorite site we didn’t mention? Comment below!