This week is National Medical Transcriptionist Week and we thought a great way to celebrate would be to put together a list of some great reasons why medical transcriptionists are fully awesome. We collected a number of great ideas from our student and graduate community site. Thanks to our students and graduates for sharing their thoughts! Without further ado, here’s our list of the top 10 reasons why medical transcriptionists are awesome.
1. They can understand almost any accent under the sun.
2. They actually understand medical reports (and medical T.V. shows) and can explain if you need some help.
3. They are handy to bring to an auction as they are extremely good at understanding motor mouths.
4. They are quite possibly the only people, other than doctors, who find a good proctology joke funny.
5. They are some of the only humans alive who can understand someone who may have, in fact, eaten their microphone.
6. Their ability to locate information is right up there with a skilled librarian.
7. They could win a medical spelling bee any day of the week.
8. Their patience and dedication level is extremely high. They will listen to a 10-minute audio file of a doctor who forgot to turn off the mic while he went to the bathroom just to make sure they didn’t miss any crucial information for the patient’s record.
9. They help save lives while wearing pajamas and drinking coffee.
10. They are silent superheroes. Each day is spent ensuring accurate patient documentation and aiding the medical professionals in providing the best quality of care.