Violation of these terms may result in temporary suspension or permanent termination of your use of, and access to, the service at CAREERSTEP's sole discretion.
In the event that you choose to cancel your account or CAREERSTEP temporarily suspends or permanently terminates your account, you will not be entitled to any refund for payments made except as set forth in CAREERSTEP's Refund Policy.
Pricing varies according to program as set out in our Pricing and Program Options. See Pricing for more information.
Payment occurs at the time of enrollment. Financial assistance may be available. See Financial Assistance for more information.
Leaners may make payments by credit card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Venmo. Learners obtaining these services through approved third-party financing may update their payment method via the financing company's portal or customer service support.
COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP NOTICES:
This website and all information and materials on it are copyrighted: ©2019 CareerStep, LLC. All rights reserved.
All information and materials on this web site are protected by copyright laws, trademark laws, international treaties and conventions and other intellectual property laws. This web site and all information and material contained in it are the property of CareerStep. Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the information on this web site may be copied without prior written permission from CareerStep, Inc., 2901 N Ashton Blvd, Suite 101, Lehi, UT 84043, Toll-free: 1-800-246-7837, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USE OF WEB SITE INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS:
Except as may be otherwise indicated elsewhere on this site, you may view, print, copy, and distribute text and information on this site to which you have authorized access, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The text may be used solely for your own informational, personal, non-commercial purposes, and shall not be copied or posted on any network computer or website or broadcast in any media. Demo videos on this website may not be copied or used for formal or informal training purposes;
- Any text must include CareerStep's copyright notice, as set forth above, and all other proprietary notices in the same form and manner as on the original;
- The text may not be modified or altered in any way;
- You do not imply or infer any affiliation or association with CareerStep (including by framing);
- CareerStep reserves the right to revoke its consent at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from CareerStep.
- The text, documents and information permitted to be copied as specified above do not include the layout or design of this web site. Those elements of this site are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be imitated or reproduced in whole or in part. Also, no logos, graphics, sounds or images on this web site may be reproduced or distributed without CAREERSTEP's express written consent.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES:
If you decide to access or use any third-party web sites that may be linked to this web site, you do this entirely at your own risk. The linked sites are not under the control of CareerStep and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CareerStep of the site.
CareerStep and the CareerStep logo are registered trademarks of CareerStep. The names of any other companies or their products or services mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may also be trademarks.
CAREERSTEP DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CAREERSTEP DOES NOT WARRANT: (A) THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE IS COMPLETE, CORRECT OR RELIABLE; (B) THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (C) THAT ANY DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (D) THAT THIS WEB SITE OR ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE OR MATERIALS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CAREERSTEP BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE, EVEN IF CAREERSTEP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CAREERSTEP'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF $50.00.
YOU AGREE NEVER TO BRING A CLAIM AGAINST AND HEREBY RELEASE CAREERSTEP AND ITS OWNERS FROM ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM ACCESS, UPLOADS, POSTINGS, EMAILS, DOWNLOADS OR OTHER USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ANY LINKED SITES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT DISCHARGES CAREERSTEP AND ITS OWNERS FROM ANY LIABILITY TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INJURY, INJURY TO REPUTATION, DEFAMATION, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR OTHER LOSS THAT MAY RESULT AS A RESULT OF ACCESS, UPLOADS, POSTINGS, EMAILS, DOWNLOADS OR OTHER ACTIVITIES OR USE RELATED TO THE WEBSITE, ITS FORUMS AND THEIR CONTENT AND LINKED SITES APPLICABLE LAWS:
CareerStep controls this web site from its offices in the United States of America. CareerStep makes no representation that information and materials on this web site ("Materials") are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Materials in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the Materials shall be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Utah, without reference to choice of laws provisions. CareerStep reserves any rights not expressly granted herein.
Externship and Placement
CareerStep as part of certain programs provides an opportunity for Learners to get hands-on experience at a healthcare system’s site/location.
An externship is an unpaid learning experience and is supervised by a qualified professional at a workplace. Externships typically last less than 200 hours to meet program externship requirements.
An Externship Eligible Candidate is a Career Step Learner who has already completed their program training, submitted all required documents for an externship and needs workplace experience to meet their program’s certification requirements. Externship required documents vary by program and/or the externship partner.
Externship Process, when a Learner becomes eligible for an externship, CareerStep Placement Team coordinates with the Learner to get all required documents and connects the Learner with one of our participating partner sites. When there is not a participating site in the demographic area of the Learner, sufficient efforts are made to secure a new partnership with a healthcare site or organization. If the partner site requires additional documentation or any other tests (background check, drug tests, immunizations etc.), CareerStep Placement Team coordinates with the Learner to help them complete all the requirements.
CareerStep Placement Team uses the below criteria to find a site or location for the Learner in the priority order as below:
- The Learner’s training program of enrollment
- Sites that can satisfy the training program’s externship learning objectives
- Objectives that are required for the certification, if there are any
- Objectives that provide the best experience possible for the Learner
- Distance from the Learners primary address
- An attempt to find sites/locations that are within one hundred and fifty (150) miles from the Learner's designated address within the United States
Terms & Conditions
- Learners that choose a CareerStep program that requires externship clinical experience can become eligible for an Externship at a participating healthcare organization such as Walgreens, CVS, Davita, or many other participating healthcare sites.
- While reasonable efforts will be made to do so, placement in an externship is not guaranteed, and depends on a variety of factors including Learner geography and availability of a participating pharmacy.
- CareerStep does not provide the externship experience but works with a network of healthcare organizations and as such, we cannot guarantee any externship or employment outcome.
- An externship site, government regulations, and current public health conditions, determine how much patient interaction a Learner can perform and what can (or cannot) be observed.
- We offer no guarantee that the Learner will be placed in an externship or find a job at the completion of their training program.
- All Learners must apply to an externship program and complete the prerequisite criteria before being accepted into the program.
- Only eligible candidates who meet externship/employment requirements and state licensure and/or registration requirements will be selected.***
- It is important that Learners present themselves in a positive and professional manner, as a reflection of both themselves and CareerStep.
- The opportunity to participate in the externship will only be available during the specified training program timeframe and typically requires the successful completion of the online training components of the program. Any requests received after eligibility expiration would need to be evaluated for reactivation and a decision to allow for continuation will be made on an individual basis.
- CareerStep reserves the authority to not sponsor a Learner for externship at our discretion. In such cases, Learners are allowed the option to set up their own externship at any other healthcare site or organization.
- CareerStep will give sufficient effort to find a location that satisfies the above criteria, every location identified by the Placement Team for the Learner is considered as an opportunity provided by CareerStep for the Learner.
- An eligible Learner will be given two opportunities provided by CareerStep to engage in an externship training opportunity. If a Learner is not able to secure or complete the externship opportunity within two tries, CareerStep is no longer responsible to assist the Learner in securing the externship site. Reasons for not securing a site may include but are not limited to:
- CareerStep identifies a site within 50 mile radius or 60 minutes of travel from Learner primary location but the Learner rejects the site citing distance.
- Learner rejects the externship experience citing they are interested in learning additional skills not outlined in the dedicated training program.
- Learner is unresponsive and does not communicate in a timelessness enough manner to schedule and attend site “meet and greets” or interviews.
- The Learner is not willing to provide the required documents or take the necessary tests.
- Learner commences their externship experience but withdraws for uncertain reasons.
The externship experience is performed under the supervision of a health care provider (preceptor). Routine techniques are observed and/or performed, under the guidance and direction of the preceptor. It is the externship participant’s responsibility to follow all externship objectives properly as directed by the site’s policies and procedures. If they are not followed, the participant may likely be removed from the site and will not be able to complete the required externship hours and the program, which would impact qualification to receive a completion certificate for the program. In conclusion, the extern participant will:
- Adhere to the externship sites work schedule and its policies and procedures including dress code and/or uniform requirements.
- Assume personal and professional responsibilities for actions and activities.
- Maintain training performance and conduct standards set forth by CareerStep & the externship site.
- Work effectively with peers, preceptors, and supervisors.
- Notify the externship site and CareerStep of changes in status.
- Notify CareerStep upon successful completion of the externship program.
- Be courteous, attentive, and respectful throughout the externship as a Learner of CareerStep.
- Additionally, the externship participant agrees to communicate with CareerStep regarding their progress throughout their externship.
- Upon the conclusion of the externship, the participant agrees to submit feedback on their experience at the request of CareerStep.